Services and Admission Criteria
The services are provided by a team of 2 mental health providers, Therapist and Behavioral intervention specialist, who work exclusively in the school setting.
SERVICES OFFERED: (at a minimum)
- Individual Therapy two times per month
- Family Therapy one time per month
- Therapeutic Process Group two times per week
- Psycho-education groups three time per week
This may include:
- Second Step Anger Management Group
- Recreation Skills Group
- Assertiveness Training Group
- Communication Skills Group
- Problem Solving/Coping Skill Development
- Social Skills training throughout the day
- General case management efforts will be provided daily for each child
- A crisis plan will be developed for each child
Additional services available:
- Behavioral support in school setting
- Psychiatric Consultation
- Referral to Additional Community Programs
- Crisis Intervention
- Reside in the appropriate school district and currently be enrolled at their designated regular school building, or have a permissive transfer granted.
- Have an eligible Axis I DSM IV diagnosis (excludes Conduct Disorder and Chemical Dependency).
- Meet medical necessity criteria for level of care and have received less restrictive therapeutic services if clinically appropriate.
Be approved through the following levels in the admission process:
- Parent or guardian must agree to the medical appropriateness of the service for the child or adolescent.
- Clinical appropriateness determined.
- School approval of placement in program.
- Utilization Review (i.e. Managed Care for Medicaid & Non-Medicaid clients, or insurance reviewer depending on policy).
- Financial approval (i.e. current Medicaid or Non-Medicaid enrollment, private insurance or private pay).
Altacare of Montana serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. We accept HMK+(Medicaid), HMK (Chip), Private Insurance, and offer a sliding fee scale (self-pay).